Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 – Saturday, November 4th, 2017
- Plenary Session: Addiction and Stigma: Science = Solutions – Wilson M. Compton, MD, MPE – Deputy Director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Megan Comfort, PhD – Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International’s Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice Research Division, Radha Sadacharan, MD, MPH – Brown University, and Emily Wang, MD, MAS – Yale School of Medicine and the Transitions Clinic Network, will participate in a Panel Session on – Addiction Treatment for Incarcerated Populations (including Youth)
- Jessie M. Gaeta, MD – Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program and Boston University School of Medicine, will speak in a plenary session on – Harm Reduction in U.S.: Next Steps
- Kimber Richter, PhD, MPH – University of Kansas Medical Center, will moderate a Spicy Debate between Ronald Bayer, PhD (Invited) – Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, and Scott Burris, JD – Temple University, Beasley School of Law on The Positive Role of Stigma for Tobacco Cessation: Implications for Marijuana Policy
- Sidney H. Schnoll, MD, PhD – Pinney Associates, Inc., will moderate a Panel Session to include Richard C. Dart, MD, PhD – University of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, Nabarun Dasgupta, PhD – UNC Chapel Hill, and Scott Novak, PhD – RTI International on The Myths & Realities of the Opioid Epidemic
- Betty Ford Award Plenary Session: Can Nurses be a Secret Weapon against Opioid Addiction? – 2017 Betty Ford Award Recipient Colleen Labelle, MSN, RN-BC, CARN – Boston Medical Center
- McGovern Award Plenary Session: Reducing the Impact of Substance Use Through Primary Care: From Research to Policy – 2017 John P. McGovern Award Recipient – Patrick G. O’Connor, MD, MPH – Yale University School of Medicine
|Sponsored First Time Attendee*||$545|
|Non-Sponsored First Time Attendee||$595|
|Student (Pre-doctoral, Health Professional full-time student)**||$450|
|Award Winner*** or Plenary Speaker||$0|
|One Day Attendee||$425|
*An AMERSA member may sponsor a maximum of one new attendee per year. The Sponsored First-Time Attendee price includes conference registration and a membership with AMERSA.
** A letter from the registrar confirming student status MUST be submitted to AMERSA in order to receive the student rate. Fax the letter to (877) 418-8769 or send via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Eligible Awards Include: Best Abstract, Best Workshop, McGovern, Betty Ford, and Conference Travel Awardee
Conference registrants are welcome (and encouraged!) to attend all of the following events at no additional cost if reserved in advance.
- Thursday (11/2/17): Continental Breakfast, Evening Welcome Reception & Poster Session
- Friday (11/3/17): Breakfast Meeting, Program Planning Luncheon Meeting, Evening Reception and Auction
- Saturday (11/4/17): Early Morning Yoga Session, Healthy Breakfast Bar, Program Planning LuncheonMeeting, Business Meeting