Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 – Saturday, November 4th, 2017
- Plenary Session: Addiction Treatment and Stigma
- Megan Comfort, PhD – Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International’s Behavioral Health and Criminal Justice Research Division, Josiah D. Rich, MD, MPH – The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and Emily Wang, MD, MAS – Yale School of Medicine and the Transitions Clinic Network, will participate in a Panel Session on – Addiction Treatment for Incarcerated Populations (including Youth)
- Jessie M. Gaeta, MD – Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program and Boston University School of Medicine, will speak in a plenary session on – Harm Reduction in U.S.: Next Steps
- Kimber Richter, PhD, MPH – University of Kansas Medical Center, will moderate a Spicy Debate between Ronald Bayer, PhD (Invited) – Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, and Scott Burris, JD – Temple University, Beasley School of Law on The Positive Role of Stigma for Tobacco Cessation: Implications for Marijuana Policy
- Sidney H. Schnoll, MD, PhD – Pinney Associates, Inc., will moderate a Panel Session to include Richard C. Dart, MD, PhD – University of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, and Scott Novak, PhD – RTI International on Myths & Realities of the Opioid Epidemic
- Vice Admiral Vivek H. Murthy, MD, MBA – United States Surgeon General, Special Guest is invited to speak on – Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General Reports on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health
- 2017 Betty Ford Award Recipient – Colleen Labelle, MSN, RN-BC, CARN – Boston Medical Center
- 2017 John P. McGovern Award Recipient – Patrick G. O’Connor, MD, MPH – Yale University School of Medicine
|Sponsored First Time Attendee*||$495|
|Non-Sponsored First Time Attendee||$545|
|Student (Pre-doctoral, Health Professional full-time student)**||$400|
|Award Winner*** or Plenary Speaker||$0|
|One Day Attendee||$375|
No registration refunds after October 1st, 2017
*An AMERSA member may sponsor a maximum of one new attendee per year. The Sponsored First-Time Attendee price includes conference registration and a membership with AMERSA.
** A letter from the registrar confirming student status MUST be submitted to AMERSA in order to receive the student rate. Fax the letter to (877) 418-8769 or send via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Eligible Awards Include: Best Abstract, Best Workshop, McGovern, Betty Ford, and Conference Travel Awardee
Conference registrants are welcome (and encouraged!) to attend all of the following events at no additional cost if reserved in advance.
- Thursday (11/2/17): Continental Breakfast, Evening Welcome Reception & Poster Session
- Friday (11/3/17): Breakfast Meeting, Program Planning Luncheon Meeting, Evening Reception and Auction
- Saturday (11/4/17): Early Morning Yoga Session, Healthy Breakfast Bar, Program Planning LuncheonMeeting, Business Meeting